Friday, September 17, 2004

It's Thursday night, the week has been calm, and I am not so much looking forward to the weekend...If it rains, which is likely, it won't be too bad...Although I will get serious "sad face" when soccer is canceled...! If it does NOT rain, which is likely, cuz, this is Maryland, soccer will happen, and I will spend a total of eight hours at the field on Friday and Saturday...Again, not bad, but I have BOXES and BOXES of work to do this weekend, and I want it done by Monday so I can have more!
I am tired, this week wore me out. We got a ton of lessons done, more then planned actually...We missed out on our co-op meeting this week, due to several issues...Most of which were from the extended family. Things are not good...I hope, each day, that my in laws know that they can trust my judgement and care with my children....their grandchildren. They are in constant turmoil over the lives of their other seven grandchildren, and it has taken a great toll on them. I truely believe grandparents should be "special" people in a child's life. Mine were, my husbands were. My friends speak of grandparents and memories with such heartwrenching love...Yet, my children don't have that. It's been overshadowed by family issues, immaturity, personal agendas and worse. In my mind, I dreamed of a homeschooling family where the grandparents were very involved, taking trips with the kids, taking interest in curriculum choices, enjoying time spent in the learning process...I thought awesome relationships would be formed...And, why not, I saw those kind of relationships with the first few grandchildren-on both sides of the family. I saw, and participated in those types of relationships with my grandparents. (may their souls rest in the joy of my memories) My husband's biggest hero is his grandfather....who, is sadly passed as well. I just had more expectations for relationships and love...Instead, well, we got a lot of stuff from the dollar store, and bang up Christmas gifts. Appreciated, yet, not what we were looking for.
Enough on that. :)
My kids are amazing. They have taken the bull be the horns this year in school. Curriculum is just FLYING through the house....They are finishing up their language arts work at such a pace! My daughter, who would not READ two years back, is flying through fifth and sixth grade vocabulary and reading comp workbooks like mad. (she is in fourth grade). Our one pitfall is Math. I think we have decided that we don't like Saxon Math. We are so far ahead on all subjects- but behind on math. I find us doing other things to satisfy math. I need to get my head straight though, and figure out the issue. Is it boredom? On my part? On theirs? Is it the time constant? Is it the fact that we all want to BANG our heads on the table halfway during the lesson??? (Maybe we should...!) I have invested a TON into this program, and I want to see it work...Jeez! I have to get over this....
I am yawning...I have a teacher dedication this week at RE, which is Sunday School for those that follow a more tradition crowd...Soccer and Fellowship wear me out on the weekends, it's the insane schedule change....Ed's been working from noon to after 2am this week...He is there now, almost 12midnight....They want him in at 8 am tomorrow.....Overtime...But still....He will work through the weekend, surely, and into a third week of no time off....On top of soccer and Fellowship this weekend, I have many boxes of work to attend to, and more after that. We are also getting ready for the Fall, which begins next week, and we plan to celebrate our favorite season with great joy and much excitement! Tomorrow we will spend time on crafts, and perhaps some Fall cleaning and organizing.....(I have a craft closet that needs work, and crafts to follow! Yay!:))
Ok, about to PASS OUT from exhaustion....
Sami

No comments: