Saturday, August 02, 2008

Domestic for the Day:)

WOW! Last night was one of my craziest nights EVER at work! It's been slow-"Looneys" slow, which means we are still incredibly busier then other area hot/dining spots-thankfully, but still slow. A "slow" night where I work is still better then most "best" nights for other area servers, and I have to not be a spoiled brat and REMEMBER that!:) LOL!!!
It was a crazy night-a server and sweet friend of mine was literally attacked and pulled into the parking lot in a fight-bouncers and everything. This sweet girl is NOT the type for this sort of behavior, and turns out, it was her current guys ex GF and her MOTHER (the ex gf's, not the servers, jeez!) I was shocked to no end and felt so bad for the poor girl. She is just the sweetest thing, a fellow single mom who also happens to be very young and very tiny to boot...What is WRONG with people????? Besides that, we were just simple crazy busy, people seemed to be wound up and hyper-I actually checked outside to see if it was the Full Moon!!! (It was, in fact, the New Moon, which doesn't inspire craziness!!!) There were fights, people driving the wrong way down all the roads next to us, police everywhere, and girls-women actually,though I use the term loosely-screaming and cussing all over the parking lot-it was a circus!
I didn't get home until after 2:30am, and there were children asleep all over the house on different sofas and love seats-one was on the floor. My oldest was still on the computer typing up a paper on Nazi Germany...! After 11 hours of slinging food and rink I had to carry kids to bed, turn off lights, load the dishwasher and get myself settled...THEN I couldn't even sleep til after 5am because I was WIRED! (so, there is proof of my theory that I absorb energy from others!).
Today I got to play domestic mommy again:) It has been fun fun fun!!! We went to the grocery store, ran errands, had pizza at My Three Sons, and came home to a huge thunderstorm and tornado warning...
I realize that I am spending WAY too much money on food these days, and throwing away too much as well...The kids BEG for fresh veggies and fruit while at the store, yet I tend to be throwing it away on a weekly basis-rotted and black....I decided today that we need a menu for the week, and I need to take more time to prep healthy filling meals...Which is what I did today.
My house smells of garlic and onions right now:) I have a huge roast in the oven with potatoes, garlic and onions. I can't wait to taste it when it's done. I also made vinegar cucumbers with onion and scrubbed the whole kitchen down. I miss the days when I had time for this sort of domestic lifestyle!!! Thankfully, I love my working life as well, so it all lands in my lap as needed:)
I need to get back to my menu planning-I plan to note everything in the kitchen and plan a weeks worth of meals...I am working a TON of hours this week to add some money to my savings account, so the kids will need good prepped food to eat-and well -planned at that:)
Gotta run...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.