Saturday, October 04, 2008

Saturday in October

Here we are-my favorite month of the year:) Blue skies, chill in the air, Halloween decorations all around!!! Fall Blessings ALL around!!!!!
At the moment I am blogging with the smell of roasting turkey London broil on the grill tickling my nose. The night is dark, some clouds around, but the stars are trying to peek out. the air is not chilly-it's actually rather COLD by my standards!!!! brrrr! We spent the afternoon readying our yard for fall/winter, cutting the grass for hopefully the last time this year, planting some pansies...Raven's colors no less:) We put up some Halloween decor, and have the rest ready to do when time allows....We cleaned out the playroom and took many things to the attic (and to the trash!!!).
I love this time of year-when you feel the urge to "pull in", make your home comfy, cook a hearty meal...The sound of football:)!!!!!! The nights coming early, the need for a blanket at night and a sweatshirt in the evening....The sunsets are beautiful, the sports are exciting, the holiday decorating is full of purples and oranges:)
I just poured a glass of wine and I'm waiting for my incredible David to call me:) I miss him terribly. We have an almost three week hiatus, so I have another two weeks til I'll see him again. Our schedules are just insane at the moment...I miss him so much, need his touch, need to just know he is next to me:) Our relationship is just so incredible-the distance is painful at times, but our lives are so full when apart-when we come together-it's just simply perfect-just so complete.
I am so lucky at this point in my life. So lucky. I can't even begin to explain it with words-I just have space and time for my endeavors-which are so based upon my kids still-and that is RARE for women in my shoes-single, making ends meet...I really have it all-everyone says it's impossible, but I do:) I have no idea how I ended up here-and the journey was FAR from easy, but Karma, or something, must be hitting me rather hard right now....:)
My kids are amazing-driving me CRAZY-and I am guessing that they teaching concepts like "it's dark outside so go home" and "don't drag a dirty water filler garden hose through the house to get it from the back to front yard" in public school...BUT they are incredible just the same:)
David...there are simply no words....
Work...Jeez, are you kidding me????? Laughter, great customers, awesome music....
time to eat awesome food....

No comments: