Sunday, January 06, 2008

DEEP BREATH-WHew!!! Back to School:)

I am a maniac:) I have had such a blast being locked away for hours this week doing nothing BUT homeschool planning:) I had forgotten how much fun it was to just browse and take notes all day:) I rarely get the time to just "browse" homeschool. My best find to date has been the whole lapbooking thing. It amazes me-what some people can create:) I have been completely obsessed with http://www.handsofachild.com/ for the last few months, and was part of their whole "Black Friday Cyber Crash sale;) LOL.....Their new site is up, BTW, and it's better then ever.
We are anxious to get back to lessons-the kids are bored and the sound of remote vehicles hitting the walls is getting a bit nervy....:)
The older two will be continuing their fractions exploration with Math-U-See, and the youngest will begin Alpha...Hopefully my middle son will start Gamma in the next two months-I am still trying to get a good deal online....Skye wants to be in Pre-Algebra by summer, which would mean she's made INCREDIBLE progress in the last year:) We will also complete science units-Astronomy-we found and used this awesome curriculum http://www.kidsastronomy.com/ at Kids Astronomy. com. The lessons come in two levels, run for 8 weeks, and offer many activities that can include web quests. I printed each lesson out as a daily study. My kids did the upper level, for ages 12-18, and really like it. We will also be finishing up an art appreciation program, and a lapbook from HOAC on Gravity...Ohhh, and some African History:) This will carry us through til February, when we will start all subjects again, fulltime:)
I have a lot more planning to do. I plan to work more hours, which means things need to be more planned out here-chores, meals, shopping lists. Skye starts babysitting part time this month, so that will limit my schedule as well. My brain hurts:)
I have discovered so many great homeschool blogs in recent weeks:) It's amazing and encouraging to find so many energetic, motivated moms:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sami Girl!
I have been seeing you posting all over the place-you have been a busy lady! How will you know when you are completely organized????LOL
Best wishes on the new job!
go get em!
Tina (lapbooking)