Sunday, January 20, 2008

More Planning, New Math U See and the GREATEST man on Earth...

WOW! I have been planning my brains out-my fingers hurt from typing, my eyes hurt from too much reading and computer use...But I am SO happy!!! I love planning:)
We are only doing a few subjects right now-Finishing up some things from Fall, like Math U See Epsilon, a few HOAC lapbooks (art appreciation, gravity...) and some astronomy lessons...(see post below). We will start back to fulltime lessons on February 4th. We will then be doing a myriad of things like the Penguins and Economics lapbooks from HOAC, more Math U See for all, and our regular programs:) I am so excited!!!
My man, my bf David, is the best guy on the planet...I am NOT kidding!:) He is a single guy who never planned on children....Imagine the shock when he met a lady online with FOUR children:) He was very nervous at first (scared to death more likely, LOL) but soon fell in love with my crowd and now it just "is" what it is:) The kids, BTW, adore him as well:) David listens ENDLESSLY to my almost constant homeschool chatter-we are currently long distance, but spend hours on the phone each night:) He probably knows more about what we "do" as homeschoolers, and the "whys" as well, then the children's father. (not probably, definitely) He is SO supportive and kind and interested....\
SO, how great is he??? I could go on forever about it, but the latest amazing thing that he has done is this: while on the phone the other night, I was rambling, mostly to myself, about purchases I needed to make in order to "be where we need to be" in February. (we will sit on the phone for hours late at night-he doing his work, me doing mine, or just watching the same TV show together:)) As I rambled on and on about Math U See needs, he asked me specifically which programs I needed...I went on about one child needing Gamma, another two needing Zeta...He asked me how to spell Math U See, and I realized he was looking for the website...I asked him what he was doing and after about 3 minutes of silence, he said "sending you math"...He ordered and paid for what I needed-simple as that...I was blown away!!! I have never met anyone so kind and wonderful!!!!! I have no real words for this man that fit-AMAZING just doesn't cover it!!!!
I need to rest my fingers for a bit, watch some playoff football (awesome Patriots!!!), and call him to say "I love you":)

No comments: