Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Now that The Ball Has Dropped-Happy New Year!

WHEW!!!!!!!
So, it's all over:) I can't believe what I pulled off in the last three months to get through the holidays, but I DID IT, and now it's OVER:) Life can go on, jeez!
I am excited about the fresh new year-though I quit my job on Sunday and have no idea what I will be doing next-obviously SOMETHING, and something QUICKLY-single moms need to work:) I got ROYALLY screwed over at my last job-I saw it coming, but still managed to hide behind my insane sense of trust. I canNOT believe what they did to me, and how dirty and sneaky they were, but then, I couldn't believe ALOT of things about Ruby Tuesday....What a mass of junk-at my store was...They messed with SO many people...I only hope others will simply move on as well. Enough on that...Moving on!
My daughter and I traveled far and wide during the holidays, met many amazing people and had a GREAT holiday:) We visited my incredible man in Durham, then traveled to meet his awesome family in Asheville-which is one of the coolest places on Earth:) David's family was wonderful and fabulously interesting-family visiting from Singapore, family working with NASA, a dad that keep my daughter in stitches for days, a mom full of love and humor, and nephews too adorable to describe. I was, without a doubt, one of the best holidays of my life:) Then David came her to Maryland to visit with us for several days-too awesome for words:)
I now move on, finding room in our house for all the gifts that my four children received, looking for a new place to work, preparing for a new semester of lessons....Life is good:)
New Years is a great time-new starts, new beginnings, and time to reinvent, renew and refresh. I plan to start it well, happy, secure and rather please at making yet another year as a single homeschooling mom of four-we are going into our third year as such:) I am SO happy with the choices that I have made in my life this last few years, and only hope to continue following the paths of my choice-no matter how difficult it may be at times. Undoubtedly, the BEST thing that has happened in the past year or so is David-a man TRULY like no other....
Gotta run, too much to do tonight....:)
Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: