Friday, January 16, 2004

My timing with scheduling homeschool semesters is amazing. This is the fifth time in a row that I had a medical nightmare during our first week back to lessons. This time it was a major dental catastrophy...lasted all week-the result of some very much needed work-which got infected. Many trips to another county, insane amounts of pain killers, and general disruption ruled the week. Much of our work was completed...(I don't remember teaching it, is all:)) There was a point when I realized that I was teaching Math...like, I "woke up" there...confusing....I do NOT handle medication well. We all survived, but is was NOT the week of new beginnings that I had anticipated...

Oh, and I put this here for you, Dear Reader, as well as for a future reminder for myself...timing IS critical...scheduling lessons, classes, rec, sports, all needs to be done as a full picture-with four children, I use a spreadsheet at times!!! My schedule includes all the important things: appointments, so that I know NOT to schedule long classes that day, co-op group activities, so that lessons fit accordingly, we even schedule in the cycles of the Moon on our calendar!!! (fitting into science and ancient religions!:)) Unfortunately, after four years of "official" homeschooling, I realized another scheduling note: NEVER NEVER NEVER schedule a first day of a new semester on the same day you expect to experience serious PMS...I know that sounds girlie and weak-but...well...let's just say, Monday morning WAS NOT exactly a pleasent experience for anyone...;)

I am experiencing a forgotten time today...life with one child. ! I have little Jules here with me, the others went to see Cheaper By The Dozen with the grandparents from Delaware...I forgot what this was like...it's been a LONG time! Jules is a true sweetie-lives up to his name which means "light", always a smile, a gentle kiss, a sweet little sentence....he will be three in a few weeks...baby days about to be gone and forever forgotten in this house....WOW...

...we practiced counting M&Ms, and played cars, and watched Dora.....it's naptime though, for me as well, with all my stupid pain meds.....

Blessings,
Sami

No comments: